Want a strong call-to-action right in your header? Check the Enable Nav Button tweak option to turn the last link in your main navigation into a button.
There are several ways to use the Banner area at the top of the page.
In a Page, Blog List, Events List, Product List, or Album page, you can create a large banner in Settings (in Site Manager). Just upload a Thumbnail Image, and add your text to the Description field.
- Bolded text will become a Headline
- Links on the last line will become Buttons
Page Banner Slideshow
If you want a large banner slideshow on Page Collections, you can place a Gallery Block at the very top of the Page, before all other blocks.
- Gallery Block must be set to slideshow mode
- As with Page Banner, putting bolded text or links in the description for each gallery slide will create Headlines and Buttons
Blog Featured Slideshow
Created a slideshow of Featured Posts in Blog List view by featuring individual posts. Your five most recent Featured Posts will automatically be placed into a slideshow at the top of the Blog List.
Blog Item Banner
In a blog post’s Item View, the post’s thumbnail will automatically be placed into a banner at the top of the page, along with the post’s title and your chosen meta info.
Simple Image Banner
Don’t want a fancy header with words and buttons? Just upload a thumbnail in Page, Blog List, Events, Product List, or Album, and it will be displayed in a thin strip along the top of the page.
No Banner Area
If you don’t want to use the banner at all, simply don’t upload a thumbnail, and it will not display.
Bedford features sidebars that appears in several situations:
- Folder Navigation, on the left of any Page inside a Folder
- Category Navigation, on on the left any Product List with categories
- Blog Sidebar, on the right side of Blog pages
You can choose to show the title of the Folder or Product collection. If you don’t want to show the sidebars, you can choose to hide them entirely with a Style Editor option.