The Mission of the Garden Children's Ministry is to:
- Supplement the family as they lay down a spiritual foundation and nurture spiritual growth.
- Build relationships with children, within and outside of the church, so that children may come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- Provide a safe place for children to ask questions and be challenged in their faith
- Provide biblical teaching, encouragement, and support throughout all Children’s Ministry Programs to foster faith in Jesus Christ
- Mission Statement: The Garden Children’s Ministry’s mission is to bring children to faith and maturity in Christ.
We believe that programs for children should be:
- Application-oriented (Psalm 119:11)
- Biblically based (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Child-targeted/Relational (1 Corinthians 9:22-23)
- Encouraging (1 Thessalonians 2:11-12)
- Evangelistic (Matthew 28:19-20)
Children’s Ministry Programs
Sunday Morning Programs are offered at the 8:30am and 10:00am service. Children may be checked into their program 15 minutes prior to the start of that program. It is highly discouraged to check children in later than 15 minutes into the service time (8:45 or 10:15). Late check in is difficult for the child and disruptive to the program that is already in progress. The Sunday Morning Programs are organized as follows:
With a smaller crowd of children during this service, we only offer programing for children PreK-5th grade. The same lesson is taught as the 10:00am service, but there is no music time. If you have any questions regarding this program, please feel free to contact Ashley Rodriguez at email@example.com or call the church office (608) 758-2850.
- Nursery: Birth to 23 months. Infants and toddlers are provided with quality care.
- 2-Year Olds: Children 2 years of age. Two-year olds are provided with appropriate music, Bible stories, and prayer.
- Preschool: Children 3-4 years of age. Preschoolers are provided with age appropriate music, games and activities, biblical teaching of God’s Word, and application.
- Elementary and Preteen: Children in (or equivalent to) PreK-5th grade. Elementary children are provided with age appropriate music, games and activities, biblical teaching of God’s Word, and application/reflection. The elementary area is divided into five age appropriate groups;
- Pre-Kindergarten (only 4 year olds enrolled in Pre-Kindergarten programs)
- 1st grade
- 2nd-3rd grade
- 4th-5th grade
It is highly recommended that children stay within their age/groups so that quality programming can be provided. Developing close friendships is one of the most important outcomes and for that reason, keeping children with peers of the same age/grade is important.
Important Note about changing age groups: Children change groups at a comfortable pace over the summer only. When the school year has been completed, the children’s ministry encourages children to move up a grade the following Sunday, but we support comfortable transitions for children to become acclimated to their learning environment. All children will be in their appropriate age group by the last Sunday of August to ensure all children are with their peers. There is one exception to this change; 2-years olds will move to the Preschool group upon their third birthday.
*In rare situations children may be held back for a short time. This will follow a confidential conversation between the Children’s Minister(s) and family.
Wednesday Evening Programs are offered during the school year (September through May) and provide children with the opportunity to open up their Bibles and dig deeper into the Sunday morning lesson. The Wednesday Evening Program runs from 6:30pm to 8:00pm with the drop off time of 6:15-6:30 and the pickup time of 8:00-8:15. The Wednesday Evening Programs are organized as follows:
- Preschool: Children ages 2-4
- Elementary: Children PreK-3rd grades (4 groups: PreK, 1st grade, 2nd-3rd boys, 2nd-3rd girls)
- Preteen: Children 4th & 5th grades (2 groups: 4th-5th boys, 4th-5th girls)
The Wednesday Evening Program encourages children to understand their Bibles, learn verses from Scripture, attend on a regular basis, and serve God through cultivating relationships. The program is divided into two sessions; Fall (September – December) and Spring (January – May). Children have the opportunity to earn awards based on learning Bible verses, attendance, and learning the books of the Bible. An Awards Night and End of the Session Celebration occurs in December and in May. For more information on this program, check out our current Newsletter.
First time visitors- welcome
If you would like your little one to visit this weekend and this is your first time with us, feel free to contact us so we can look forward to greeting you.